The term 5G has been inundating newsfeeds and articles recently, with many network providers in a race to dominate the market. However for widespread 5G access, innovative hardware must be needed for the next generation of connectivity.
To understand the 5G market and specifically hardware providers for 5G, we used Cyndx Finder to map the entire industry.
Of the returned 499 companies that are mapped semantically in the 5G and Hardware space:
- 356 are private companies
- 76 acquired
- 211 are USA based
Some Industry highlights include:
The most recent acquisitions are:
- Ribbon Communications acquisition of Anova Data on Feb 4, 2019
- Goodix Technology’s acquisition of CommSolid on Dec 17, 2018
- Reliance Industries’ acqusition of Radisys on Dec 11, 2018
The most active investors in this space are:
- Intel Capital with 23 investments in 12 companies (of the 499 generated through Cyndx Finder)
- New Enterprise Associates with 20 investments in 7 companies (of the 499 generated through Cyndx Finder)
- Lightspeed Venture Partners with 17 investments in 4 companies (of the 499 generated through Cyndx Finder)